Flores Volcanoes Adventure
Duration: 14 DAYS / 13 NIGHTS
START/FINISH: MAUMERE – LABUHAN BAJO
- Upon arrival at the air port of Waioti Maumere, meet and greet with our representative and directly transfer to Sea World Club.
- At 04.00 am in the morning you will drive to Blidit village for more than 40 minutes, then start your hiking to the peak of Egon volcano, takes about 2½ hours.
- Arriving on the top of this mountain you can see huge crater where you can find the thick smokes and smell the sulphur from its hole, make very fantastic experiences.
- The last eruption of Egon volcano is in 2004, and it is 1700 asl, and wide of its summit crater is 350 m, with 250 m deep.
- Walking down to Blidit village for 1½ hrs, and go on to Maumere for having lunch and overnight. (B)
- An early morning at 03.00 am drive up to Kelimutu volcano to see three different colored lake takes 4 hours.
- Upon arrival in the car parking lot you will have short walk for 1 km and then ascend 127 steps to the top to view of Kelimutu one of the Indonesian most mysterious and dramatic sight : green, blue, and black lakes.
- Kelimutu was discovered by the Dutch geologist in 1914. At that time the lakes were red, blue, and white.
- Drive down to Moni for having breakfast then proceed to Ende as the center of Flores through fruit market of Ndua Ria.
- Proceed to Wolotopo to see traditional house of Endenes and you will see hand woven cloths are being exhibited here. Late afternoon will reach at Ende and check in at Mentari hotel. (B)
- At 04.30 am will drive to Rate village a local fisherman village or as the suburb of Ende town takes 30 minutes, and start your hiking from Rate village for 4 hours go and back.
- And upon your arrival on the summit of volcano you will be welcomed with so admiring huge crater or 300 m deep of the crater, and this volcano is 750 m asl. Iya volcano erupted approx in year of 1969. And on this place you will see the thick smoke and sulfur is coming out from of this fantastic active volcano.
- Walking down to Rate village for 1½ hours, and will drive back to Ende for having lunch and will visit the exile house of Indonesia founding father Mr. Soekarno by the dutch ruler on the period of 1934~1938, then proceed to Pangga Jawa to see the blue stone beach.
- Drive to Bajawa and en route will stop in Wogo to see traditional house of Ngada tribe. Late afternoon will arrive in Bajawa and direct to check in at Bintang Wisata hotel. (B)
- After having breakfast in the morning will drive to Bena to see the most beautiful architecture traditional house of Bajawa tribe on the leg of thei inerie volcano, then from Bena will start your trekking to Jere Bu’u.
- And go on to Nage hot spring for taking a bath. Lunch box will be provided.
- Afternoon will trek to Nage village for dinner and overnight. (B,L,D)
After having simple breakfast in Nage village will walk down to Mala Nage village, and go on to Tudo village takes 1 hour, then trekking up to the Be’a village for 3 hours, then to Beto Padi take 30 minutes. From Beto Padi you will be picked up by bus and direct driving to Boa Wae takes 2 hours and stop here for lunch. Drive Molo Koli village as the starting point of hiking the volcano of Ebulobo takes 2½ hours. Dinner and overnight at Molo Koli village. (B,D)
At 04.00 will start your hiking from molokoli village to the top of Ebolubo active volcano takes 2 ½ to the summit of this volcano. From this point you will enjoy very beautiful panorama of Ende town and its surroundings and also south cost of Flores. Ebulobo is an “active volcano” and the last erupted around in 1950,s (estimate), and it has 2150 asl, and 250 meter wide of its crater, and it is still smoking from its peak up to now. Walking down to Molo Koli village, and direct driving to Bajawa and en route will stop in Wogo traditional house of Bajawa. Late afternoon will arrive in Bajawa and direct to check in at Bintang Wisata hotel. Afternoon will drive to Soa hot spring for taking a bath takes 1½ hrs. (B)
After having breakfast in the morning will drive to Ruteng and will stop in some places for photo stopping such as Aimere to witness the distillation of arak-local alcohol from palm tree with its 45% alcohol. And to Ruteng via crater lake of Rana mese which is surrounded by thick cloudy forest around 5 hectare. Afternoon will arrive in Ruteng for overnight stay. (B)
Breakfast at your hotel in the morning then will drive with wooden truck to Cancar and take the short walking to the hill to have the complete view to the unique shape of the Rice field division of the land system of Manggaraines name “Lingko” and it looks like spider’s web. Direct driving to Denge village take 5 hours. En route will stop in some places for photo stopping such as: Todo to take a picture of traditional house of Manggarai and this village is also as the first kingdom of Manggarai. On to Denge village via south cost of this island. Lunch box will be done en route. Dinner and overnight in Denge village at house of the villager. (B,L,D)
After having simple breakfast in Denge village will start your trekking to wae rebo villge through the thick cloudy forest. On your trekking will be entertained by the concert of birds make your trip so fantastic. After trekking for 3 hours you arrived in Wae Rebo traditional village, a very unique village still left on the island and, it has not influenced by outsiders their daily way of life. Wae Rebo is located in the middle of thick cloudy forest, and surrounded by the big mountain, it has 4 unique original traditional house of Manggaraines, on this village. The village is also appropriate for the culture research. Lunch will be served in Wae Rebo village. Dinner and overnight also in traditional house at Wae Rebo. (B,L,D)
Having simple breakfast at Wae Rebo village and walking down to the same way to Denge village. After trekking down for 2 hours, you will have arrived at Denge village, lunch will be prepared in Denge village. Drive to Lembor with wooden truck takes 4 hrs through the south cost of Flores island and will stop in some places for photo stopping, such in Kombo village for picturing of rice terrace and in Dintor for making photo of small pretty isle of Mules. On arrival in Lembor bus will take you to Labuan Bajo for overnight at New Bajo hotel or similar. (B,L)
After having breakfast at hotel directly transfer to the pier where your boat for boating to Rinca island. Explore the giant monitor lizard “varanus komodoensis “ in their pure environment. Afterward we board again to Kalong island to see flying foxes set out from mangrove trees about 06 up 06.30 pm. lunch, dinner and accommodation on the boat. (B)
Early breakfast on the boat. Today searching for the komodo dragons. In the morning we will walk to the old feeding place. Led by local ranger komodo dargons are often spotted on the way. There is no more feeding komodo’s as they need to survive on their own. During your visit you will also see wild buffalo, timor deer, wild chicken, megapod, also thousands of macaca fascicularis, various species of tropical birds can be seen. After visiting komodo island we board again. This time for Pink beach. Here lunch and time to discover the splendid under water world of these rich waters. After snorkeling we board again to Labuhan Bajo for dinner and overnight at New Bajo Beach hotel or similar. (B)
Transfer to the airport to catch a flight to Denpasar or next destination. ( B )